I recently started using Microsoft SkyDrive and thought it would be nice to be able to map the folders directly on my PC. I tried to map a network location by copy and paste of the URL, but that didnt work for me. I found the following link and came up with a working solution.
- First, open SkyDrive and notice in the URL looks like: https://cid-<unique id>.office.live.com/browse.aspx/<folder name>
- Using notepad (or some other editor), change the URL to https://docs.live.net/<unique id>/<folder name>
- In Windows Explorer, right-click and select Add a network location
- When prompted for the location or address, enter the modified URL
- If you are logged into live.com, it should connect after a few seconds